Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winter break is over...

... and here's what happened!

If you know me at all, you know that I love making lists! Before I start a break from school, I like to jot down a little list of things that I'd like to accomplish over the break. This may sound contradictory... break = accomplishments? But it's true. There are so many things that are put on hold while I'm in school that breaks are like catch up time for me! Another plus in making this list is looking back and seeing all that I actually did. Here's a quick (or maybe not so quick) list of things that I did over winter break.

Advent

I spent the four Sundays before Christmas at my Oma's having kaffeetrinken.

DC

Scott and I were flown out to DC by his brother-in-law's company (who Scott has been working for) for the Christmas Party! Believe it or not this was Scott and my first flight together. While there, we got to do some sight-seeing:


Attended the Christmas party (us with Scott's sister and her family):


We also went ice-skating with Scott's nephew (whom I have the privilege of nannying every week!):


 Jury Duty

I was summoned to serve on a Jury for the first time! But they didn't use me...

RA Interview

On December 18th, I interviewed for a research assistant position with the Arizona Health and Aging Lab at ASU. They invited me onto their research team and I'll be doing research with them for the next year!

Four Christmases

Remember that movie with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn? I didn't even have to see the movie because I had my very own 4 Christmases! Here's a quick recap:
Christmas Eve: At Oma's 

Christmas Morning: At my house 
Christmas Day: At Scott's sister's house
Christmas Night: At Jack's sister's house  

It was definitely wonderful but seriously tiring. Hope you all had wonderful Christmases too!

Work

I'm a nanny for 2 great kids (Scott's niece and nephew). This is not really an accomplishment or anything but I definitely spent a lot of time with these kiddos over break. It's always fun though. How could it not be with all this cuteness:



Jay Leno

My mom and I have wanted to see Jay Leno live for a long time. And we finally got to do it! You can read more here and here.

Friends
I also got to spend time with friends : ) We had good food at: Serrano's, Texas Roadhouse, Golden Spoon, Peter Piper, and Chuck E. Cheese... where a kid can be a kid, hehe. We also played some fun games: Catch Phrase, Farkle, Cranium, Phase 10, and other card games. Mostly it was nice to catch up on everything going on in our lives. I also had to say goodbye to one of my best friends, Morgan. She is spending the next semester studying abroad in Ireland. I'm gonna miss you, friend.

That was my Winter break. It was definitely a good one. Spring semester starts today. Hopefully that goes well too! Now I'm off to class...


4 comments:

Morgan said...

Aw I'm going to miss you too friend!!

MKTraynom said...

Plans for next break: Spend time with Maegan!

woohoo! :)

I can totally relate to the 4 Christmases... it is tiring!

Glad you had a good break :)

MKTraynom said...

Plans for next break: Spend time with Maegan!

woohoo! :)

I can totally relate to the 4 Christmases... it is tiring!

Glad you had a good break :)

Shannon said...

Holy cow! You did a lot this break. Traveling all over the country like a little executive. So fun! Congrats on the research position. That sounds like fun.

Can't wait to see you soon!