Friday, July 15, 2011

Moving Forward.

Isn't it funny how we constantly are looking forward to the next thing? The next event. The next test. The next best iPhone. I'm so guilty of this. I practically live in the future with how much I think about it. I love planning (and my calendar!).

Every so often, it hits me: I'm in PA school. What?!? How LONG have I been planning, studying, and working towards this goal. And now I'm there... here... in PA school. And it's already flying by. I just know I am going to blink and all of the sudden I'll be done. They keep telling us to enjoy these times because it will be over so quickly. Which is when we think, enjoy? How about try to survive? Ha! But as hard as this year will be, I'm going to try keep stress under control (on most days) and enjoy this journey. After all, it is my last time being a student.

This quote was read to our PA class at school and I found it very fitting:

"Embrace this right now life while it's dripping; while the flavors are excellently woesome. Take your bites with bravery and boldness since the learning and the growing are here in these times, these exact right nows. Capture these times. Hold and kiss them because it will soon be very different."

- Jill Scott (off a Starbucks cup)

No comments: